Friday, August 28, 2009

Transantiago: before and after

Hi everyone!

The subject for this week has to do with the public transportation system that works in Santiago named Transantiago.


First, if we think about the differences between this new system and the older one it’s obvious that there have been some changes, very important changes actually. Some of the positive characteristics are:
A very well organized order of time and bus stops (honestly it used to be a mess).
• Then, it provided access for all those people who could not use the older public system, specifically disabled people
.

Second, comparing both systems again, my opinion have not changed that much. On one side, I travelled in the older system just for one year and I never had so many problems to move from one place to another because there were a lot of buses that i could use to move from my house to the University. But with Transantiago I had a lot of problems at the beginning because I didn’t have a specific bus that I could take to go straight to the University. Sometimes I had to wait almost 30 minutes in the bus stop!!! But now things have changed and everything has improved; in addition, I can take a bus that goes straight to the University and I do not waste my time in the bus stop, totally an advantage.

At last, I would say that if we want to have a better system for the future, it is necessary to plan very well the routes, add more buses to the routes and especially remove the “old buses” to reduce the pollution of Santiago.

1 comentarios:

Juan Luzzi said...

You have a point there!!

Post a Comment