Sunday, October 04, 2009
Hello everyone… this week we were assigned to write and talk about Santiago and its touristic places. First of all, I have to say that I was not born here, I was born in Copiapó, and I moved here to start my college studies. Thus, I don't know very deeply this big city and I have not had enough time to go around looking for interesting places to visit because, honestly, I don't like it too much. I think that is a very noisy and polluted city and that is why most of the places that I like here are parks or green areas like Forestal Park or Quinta Normal Park. I also like the museums that are close to these areas like the Contemporanean Art Museum and the National History Museum respectively. I remember that during my first year here I visited many museums because I had a friend who loved to go to those places to see the different exhibitions they had; in addition, she used to say that it was the best way to discover the history of Santiago and that is wahy she used to take with her. Another interesting places I have visited is the Saint Cristobal Hill and it surroundings like the Metropolitan Park and the Botanical Garden. There we can also find some other places like the Zoo and the Anahuac Culture House. Here, it is possible to get the railway and reach to the top of the hill to have a panoramic view of the city. In the lower side of the hill we can find the Bellavista Neighbourhood we it is the Chascona House owned by Pablo Neruda. It is very well known that if you want to experience the night side of Santiago you have to visit this district; there you will find many bars, discos and international food restaurants.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comentarios:
Post a Comment