Saturday, October 10, 2009

The cinema

Hello everybody... today`s subject is cinema and films. Concerning to this theme, I have to say that I love going to the cinema; even though, I don’t go there very often because the tickets are really expensive. But remembering the last time I saw a film at the cinema, it was two months ago. Years ago, my cousins and I used to have movie days/nights. I remember we always rented some movies and then we watched them in any of our houses eating a lot of things, most of the time we prepared pizzas. But we all grew up and that sort of “tradition” we had became less frequent because each one of us had many other things to do. Nowadays, I do not rent or buy movies; in fact, I am use to lend them and sometimes I download them from the net.
There are many films that I like, but if I had to mention only one of them I would choose “A+Pollux” (2002), which is my favourite one. It’s a French romantic comedy, its director is Luc Pagès and the actors are Gad Elmaleh and Cècile De France. The story is about a man called Halvard Sanz, who is very immerse in the existencialistic principle that says "you always cross important people twice in your life”. This concept is part of the functioning rules of the world along to the law of the constant speed of light. Thus, Halvard believes that he is able to find Pollux again. Pollux is the love of his life but he could not tell her that. He realizes of this when she desappears without any clue and he feels really sad. Believe it or not, he had met her 15 minutes ago and he was suffering really bad.
Actually, I saw this film only once because I could not find a copy to rent it again; even though, it became my favourite film ever. I totally recommend this film because is a very loveable story that follows the French film tradition of having an open ending...

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment