Friday, April 24, 2009

A career-related website

Most of time, when I have to do homeworks or look for somethings related to my career, I'm not used to visit a unique website. In fact, I choose the site depending on the subject of my task. But if I had to mention one website I prefer, I would say "Inversa, Revista de Estudiantes de Antropología" is the one. It's the site about Social Anthropology where you can find published papers, pieces de news concerning to the career, there is also the possibility that users publish their own papers and links to other websites that are meant to deal with the same subject.
I come across the website when I was looking specific information for an assignment I had. So, I was surfing on google.com and within the list of suggested links I found it. Then, I started to check its content, and I considered it very interesting because it has general as well as specific information about different anthropological themes. Honestly, I don't use this website very often, I only use when I have to do my homeworks or to look for some information I need for one of my classes. I like this site because there you can always find any useful information.

To check this website, the link is:
http://www.inversa.unal.edu.co/paginas_de_informacion_general/enlaces_relacionados/enlaces_relacionados_antropologia_social.htm


1 comentarios:

Juan Luzzi said...

Silvia,
That’s a good and useful post. You have used some interesting structures and written a well organized post. Please check the corrections I’ve made.

A career-related website
Most of time, when I have to do (homeworks: UNCOUNTABLE WORD) or look for some things/SOMETHING related to my career, (I'm not used to visit) a unique website. In fact, I choose the site depending on the subject of my task. But if I had to mention one website I prefer, I would say "Inversa, Revista de Estudiantes de Antropología" is the one. It's the site about Social Anthropology where you can find published papers, pieces OF news concerning ( ) the career, there is also the possibility that users publish their own papers and links to other websites that are meant to deal with the same subject.
I (come: USE PAST TENSE) across the website when I was looking FOR specific information for an assignment I had. So, I was surfing on google.com and within the list of suggested links I found it. Then, I started to check its content, and I considered it very interesting because it has general as well as specific information about different anthropological themes. Honestly, I don't use this website very often, I only use (SUBJECT MISSING) when I have to do my (homeworks) or to look for some information I need for one of my classes. I like this site because there you can always find SOME useful information.

To check this website, the link is:
http://www.inversa.unal.edu.co/paginas_de_informacion_general/enlaces_relacionados/enlaces_relacionados_antropologia_social.htm
a) to pluralize uncountable nouns use ‘ a piece of’ ‘two pieces of’, etc. Ex. dos muebles: two pieces of furniture/ un consejo: a piece of advice. Hence: some pieces of homework.
b) compare ‘Used to + go/be/work’ (ACTIONS YOU DID REGULARLY IN THE PAST)/ be used to + going/being/working’(SOMETHING YOU DON’T MIND DOING, YOU ARE ACCUSTOMED TO) Ex. I used to play ‘hide and seek when I was a child. (But I don’t do it now) / I’m used to getting up early. (getting up early is part of my routine, I don’t mind doing it , I’m accustomed to that)

Post a Comment