Friday, November 13, 2009
This time, being the last English class and considering that there are a few weeks missing to finish the year, I would like to make an account of some of many events that have happened so far. I’m going to center on the academic aspect of the two semesters. First, I have to talk about the level of academic demand that our program imposed us in many aspects, for example, in the classes, the quantity and kind of subjects we went through in each period. Then, I will make a self-evaluation of my student performance, and at last, but not at least, I would like to talk about some unexpected situations, academic and personal, that were remarkable for me.
To start, concerning to the level of academic demand of this year, I could mention that it was really different form previous years maybe because it was not as difficult as I had thought it would be, which does not mean that it was easy at all. Comparing both semesters, the second one was more relaxed than the previous one. Anyway, there were a few extra requirements that made me go through so much stress maybe because it is my last year and we all want to success in all classes, or because of some assignments like finding a subject for our investigation workshop, etc. Besides, this year we had a change in our program that put a lot of pressure and extra working time because I had to pass eight classes each semester!!! It was really hard and I had (and still have) classes every single day from early in the morning until late in the afternoon. It was exhausting and in some occasions I did not had enough time and energy to carry out other university obligations. Concerning to my self-evaluation, I can proudly say that I did great... I have very good grades; in addition, I did better this year than the previous one, although I was not an example of constancy.
At last, to finish with this analysis of the year, I previously mentioned an area of unexpected situations that in one way or another affected my performance. As I said before this year was full of high demands that at some point affect you physically or emotionally and that finally affects our personal life. To explain this I have to say that this year my younger brother came to live with me because he is in college also, and sometimes he had to pay the consequences of my mood changes... nothing really serious. We went through many discussions because of unimportant situations combined with the fact that I had to play the role of bigger sister again, but in the end, he was the biggest support and company I had when I was in a bad day. Therefore, I can finish this post saying... yes, it was a good year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comentarios:
Congratulations on your good performance in your subjects this year and for this excellent post. I hope you continue improving your English and doing well at the university.
Corrected post:
This time, being the last English class and considering that there are a few weeks missing to finish the year, I would like to make an account of some of THE many events that have happened so far. I’m going to center on the academic aspect of the two semesters. First, I ´M GOING TO to talk about the level of academic demand that our program imposed ON us in many aspects, for example, in the classes AND the quantity and kind of subjects we went through in each period. Then, I will make a self-evaluation of my student performance, and at last, but not THE least, I would like to talk about some unexpected situations, academic and personal, that were remarkable for me.
To start WITH, concerning to the level of academic demand of this year, I could mention that it was really different fROm previous years maybe because it was not as difficult as I had thought it would be, which does not mean that it was easy at all. Comparing both semesters, the second one was more relaxed than the previous one. Anyway, there were a few extra requirements that made me go through so much stress maybe because it is my last year and we all want to success in all classes, or because of some assignments, like finding a subject for our investigation workshop, etc. Besides, this year we had a change in our program that MEANT a lot of pressure and extra working time because I had to pass eight classes each semester!!! It was really hard and I had (and still have) classes every single day from early in the morning until late in the afternoon. It HAS BEEN exhausting and in some occasions I did not hAVE enough time and energy to carry out other university obligations. Concerning to my self-evaluation, I can proudly say that I did great... I have very good grades; in addition, I did better this year than the previous one, although I was not an example of constancy.
At last, to finish with this analysis of the year, I previously mentioned an area of unexpected situations that in one way or another affected my performance. As I said before this year was full of high demands that at some point MAY affect US physically or emotionally and that finally affects our personal life. To explain this I have to say that this year my younger brother came to live with me because he is in college also, and sometimes he had to pay the consequences of my mood changes... nothing really serious. We went through many QUARRELS because of unimportant situations combined with the fact that I had to play the role of THE ELDEST sister again, but in the end, he was the biggest support and company I had when I was in a bad day. Therefore, I can finish this post saying... yes, it was a good year.
Post a Comment